5 Reasons to do Pilates Instructor Training
If Pilates is your cup of tea and you really enjoy regularly attending classes or doing Pilates on your own, you may want to think about turning this hobby into a regular income. Becoming a Pilates instructor has a lot of benefits, and here are some reasons why you may consider attending Pilates instructor training to become a teacher.
- Do something you love: There are few things in life that are as satisfying and fulfilling as doing something that you love every day, and earning an income from it. The old adage is true – if you love what you do, you won’t work a day in your life! If you love Pilates, making a career from it will be one of the best things you ever do, and as your levels of expertise increase, you will enjoy it even more. Teaching others the skills that you have perfected can bring a huge sense of accomplishment, and this drives better self-esteem and gives you a better sense of overall wellbeing.
- Get away from that office job: If the idea of being tied to your desk between certain hours drives you a little crazy, Pilates instruction is perfect for you. You are in total control of your schedule, and you can work when you want. No two days will be the same, and you can choose how, when and where you will teach. There is such a great demand for Pilates teachers that you will easily be able to find work at a studio, on a cruise ship, at a luxury spa, or even teach clients at their homes! It also gives you an opportunity to meet new people all the time and to work in different places. Nothing boring about that!
- You are helping people: Spending your time improving the health of people and motivating them to get into shape can be hugely satisfying. Seeing the results of what you teach is immensely rewarding, and getting someone else interested in something you love can be very fun. Once your students start progressing and their fitness levels increase or they lose weight, they will thank you!
- You like teaching, but you want to keep developing by learning more: Doing the basic Pilates certification training is not where it stops, and qualifying as an instructor barely touches the surface of the philosophy of Pilates. There is always room to learn more, and even to specialise in different disciplines. You can also choose a particular direction and specialise in teaching certain groups of people, such as pregnant women, children or the elderly. You will never stop learning and you will always be able to expand on your Pilates instructor training by attending workshops and other classes.
- Choose your own working hours: If you are someone who likes a flexible schedule, Pilates instructors training is for you. You choose when you work and where – this means that if you are a new mom, you can do classes when it suits you, or you can even do them at home. Depending on where you work, you will be able to exercise a measure of control over your working hours and locations.
If all the above sounds good to you, you should find out more about our BASI Pilates instructor training at our studios in Pretoria and Cape Town. Give us a call today!