If you are looking for a way out of the office, the regular eight-to-five routine, or you need more independence or time to spend with your children, or you just want to supplement your current income, becoming a Pilates instructor may just be the thing you need. Pilates has become one of the most widely practiced exercise disciplines across the world for some very good reasons:
- It can be practiced by anyone – from young to old.
- It is low-impact exercise and therefore reduces the risk of injury.
- It can be done just about anywhere – in a studio filled with equipment, or a basic routine at home.
- It has a great track record in improving the overall health of people who regularly practice Pilates.
- It improves flexibility and range of movement.
- It helps to reduce and manage stress.
- It teaches people to be more aware of their bodies and how they move.
- It improves posture, and reduces aches and pains as a result of bad posture.
Pilates instructors are in demand just about everywhere in the world, and career opportunities are everywhere. You can work on a cruise ship, in a luxury hotel, or at a Pilates studio, as well as set up your own studio at home or go out to see clients privately. The possibilities are virtually endless. A big plus is that you can organise your time to work for YOU – you can schedule classes or clients when you want to, and you are not bound to a set working routines. This provides you with independence when it comes to managing your own business, and you can determine your own income according to the options you choose. There is also no end to Pilates – the discipline develops all the time, so you can learn new things by attending workshops and perhaps even become a specialist in a specific form of Pilates.
Becoming a Pilates Instructor
It is true that not everybody is suited to be a Pilates instructor, and because the initial courses, practical experience, and qualifications take some time, you need to be certain that you are indeed suited to a career as a Pilates instructor. You have to ask yourself some questions first, for example:
- Do you love Pilates? Do you regularly attend classes and love it? Do you relate well to this form of exercise?
- How do you feel about working with people? Would you prefer to work with groups in classes or would a one-on-one situation be better?
- What is your ultimate reason for becoming a Pilates instructor? Is it something you can be dedicated to?
- Are you interested in only the basic mat routines or do you want to do equipment as well?
- Are you self-driven? Are you disciplined enough to work for yourself?
Once you have answered these questions and you are still convinced that becoming a Pilates instructor is for you, then you have to choose where to study. At BASI Pilates, we offer some of the best Pilates instructor training available in the country. With us, you learn from the true Pilates leaders, and the BASI Pilates reputation and name is highly respected. Once you have completed your training with us, you are able to use the BASI logo and enjoy free listings on our marketing platforms.
If you are interested in becoming a Pilates instructor, give our team at your closest BASI Pilates studio a call today!