If you live in Pretoria and find yourself looking for a form of exercise that will strengthen your body, improve your overall wellbeing, and help you to deal better with stress, our Pilates classes in Pretoria are just the thing for you!
While Pilates is still a relatively new exercise discipline, many people are enjoying the benefits that it provides, and because Pilates is non-impact and consist of a variety of movements that can be performed and adjusted to ability or fitness levels, it is suited to practically anybody. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, athletes, fitness freaks, and ballet dancers all enjoy the many different advantages that this form of exercise brings, and you can too!
If you attend regular Pilates classes in Pretoria at our BASI studios, you can expect to see the following benefits (and many more) within a relatively short period of time:
- Your body will become more flexible and your range of movement will increase. As a result, you will be able to move more easily.
- You will be able to deal better with everyday stress. Pilates involves a lot of breathing exercises, and proper breathing is central to stress management. Learning how to breathe properly to feed your brain and body with the oxygen they need can help you to relax and sleep better.
- You will stand taller and look leaner. Our Pilates classes in Pretoria focus on improving the core muscles that hold up your skeletal structure. These muscles include your abdominals, pelvic floor, and back muscles. All other muscles are targeted and elongated through regular Pilates, and this improves posture and makes you look leaner and fitter.
- You may have decreased pain. Those who suffer with back problems will often find that when the core muscles are strengthened, the back pain is reduced. Because the core muscular structure is stronger and better able to cope with the weight of the body, the muscles are under less strain and therefore less likely to get sore or injured.
- You will become more aware of your body. Because you have to intensely focus on the areas that you are exercising during every movement, you get better acquainted with your body, your muscle structures, and how to move more effectively. This will help you to improve your posture and the positioning of the body.
If you would like to experience the advantages that come with regular attendance at our Pilates classes in Pretoria, give our team a call to book your first session.