BASI Pilates SA ONLINE Mat Teacher Training Course (OMTTC) ONLINE! (24 CPD)
Have you ever wanted to study Pilates online, but were uncertain of the quality of education you would receive? Well now is your chance because the leaders in Pilates education are coming to your screen.
With the BASISA Pilates Mat Teacher Training Online course you have the opportunity to study with the leaders in this field and obtain an internationally recognized qualification! This is all possible with the unique opportunities made available through our online studies.
Our priorities are:
1. Keeping all of you safe with minimal exposure to others during any pilates course.
2. Allowing the opportunity to do both the theory and practical components of your course.
3. To assist where possible (ONLINE webinars, tutorials & classes) and with self-practice and teaching within any BASI SA HOST studio once restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so.
4. To give you the best possible Pilates education to become a Qualified Pilates Instructor with an internationally recognised certificate.
“Breakdown of Course”:
BASI SA Pilates ONLINE Mat Course is structured on the same BASI quality syllabus, BASI SA faulty will go through this syllabus systematically with the students, as the syllabus is built on strong foundations, with a diverse approach to the Pilates method and all aspects surrounding it.
The course consists of 6 modules with theory and practical components. For the ONLINE course, all 6 modules are presented over 4 weeks with 12 LIVE online sessions, giving students enough time to practice and study before and after LIVE online sessions.
The online sessions are divided between theory and practical components and presented by different BASI SA Faculty, giving you the student the opportunity to experience every faculties profound passion and knowledge of the BASI Pilates method.
BASISA will not limit the number of students during an online course. Each participant will have the opportunity to continue having a personal experience with individual input during the Course and Q&A’s after every session and during the tutorials.
Each student will need to attend at least One CONTACT day “IN Studio” at any BASI Host Studio in South Africa.
POST Course assistance to the students will be available via online tutorials (6 hours included) for student teaching, practise and Q&A, these tutorials will be shared and arranged among faculty.
BASI Pilates South Africa ONLINE MAT Course Fee: R12 000.00 (Tuition/Manuals/Registration & VAT) or via PAYFAST.
If you need CPD points please request a register via firstname.lastname@example.org
BASI Online Course protocols and on screen etiquette for all students
This is a professional teaching platform and all students that are attending need to follow the protocols as such:
Professional exercise dress code needs to be adhered to and you should be ready to move.
When the student joins the meeting: they need to please mute the speaker button to eliminate any outside noise.
ON Screen etiquette: Students need to have a Mat and area set up before session starts, your manuals, note pad and pen need to be at hand to make notes and write questions down as you go and if you need to ask a question during a session, please raise your hand to get the presenters attention, unmute yourself and ask question when the go ahead is given, or wait untill Q&A at the end of the session.
A Student always needs to be visible on the screen, to be marked as present.
Please do not talk over the teacher training you.
We need to keep the course efficient, organised and flowing smoothly at all times, with minimal interruption and/or disruptions to keep this flow.
Q&A will be the last section at the end of every session.
Logging of hours:
ALL Online Mat classes, tutorials and webinars attended (Not the Online Course hours) by the student during the time of the ONLINE course may be counted as observation, teaching or practical hours. Teaching hours can be done online with (Family, friends or clients) that would like a class taught by you, the “Instructor in training” may be used towards your logged hours.
20 Observation Hours / 40 Practical Hours / 40 Teaching Hours
Once you have concluded all modules, logged the hours needed as above and attended at least one Contact day - Within a Host studio, and you feel you are ready, you may register for testing. Centralised Testing registration and fees apply.
BASI SA will be doing MAT testing ONLINE by appointment ONLY - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
BASI Pilates Course Pre-requisites IN Studio & ONLINE
Students will benefit from meeting these prerequisites, though they are not mandatory in order to begin a course.
- Familiarity with the teachings of Joseph Pilates - We recommend attendance of a minimum of 10 BASI Pilates classes, at a BASI Pilates studio, prior to the course.
- Familiarity in basic anatomy and physiology - Specialization in a related area of study, such as physical therapy or massage therapy is an added benefit, but not essential.
- Experience in a related form of physical activity - Prior experience in an athletic activity develops body awareness and other attributes that are extremely beneficial to the study of Pilates.
- Teaching experience is recommended - Any past teaching experience, even in an unrelated field, will contribute to you becoming a skilled teacher of the Pilates method.
BASI Pilates Course Requirements IN Studio & ONLINE
- Academic Study – Academic Study – 24 hours: All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly rate of R600.00 per hour, these extra fees are over and above the fees of the course.
- Practical Work – Practical Work – 40 hours: Practical Work is individual practice on the mat by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. You may obtain about 50% of your practical hours by doing classes through Pilates Interactive www.pilatesinteractive.com or Pilates Anytime www.pilatesanytime.com
Note: For the duration of the course – about (4) four months in total (see expiry date on student card, students may attend FREE group MAT classes at any of the BASI SA Host studios (NOT AFFILIATED STUDIOS). Normal class fees are applicable after the (4) four months have expired (see expiry date on student card.
INTERNATIONAL Students will UNFORTNATELY not have this same access if visiting HOST Studio's outside of South Africa, but if INTERNATIONAL students doing the BASI SA ONLINE COURSES are visiting in South Africa they may make use of this offer at any BASI South Africa Host studio's
Observation - 20 hours: Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. Observation hours can also be done through Pilates Interactive www.pilatesinteractive.com or Pilates Anytime www.platesanytime.com (BASI Classes).
- Apprentice Teaching – 40 hours: Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students) or a group of people at the host location or an affiliated studio or at home.
Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. Teaching hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL students need to have their student cards on their person every time they enter a Host studio, as you receive free group Mat classes during your start and expiry dates on your student card. No Card No Free Group Mat class!!! If your expiry date has been reached and you still need to complete your hours unfortunatley you will no longer be entitled to free group Mat classes, the student will then need to pay (Normal studio rates). If the student is still in need of observation or teaching hours after the student card expiry date has been reached the Host studio will charge the student on entry to the studio a daily surcharge of R50.00 for the teaching and observation hours. INTERNATIONAL Students will UNFORTNATELY not have this same access if visiting HOST Studio's outside of South Africa, but if INTERNATIONAL students doing the BASI SA ONLINE COURSES are visiting in South Africa they may make use of this offer at any BASI South Africa Host studio's
Note: Log sheets are e-mailed after the first section of the course, where you need to keep track of the required hours. The sheets need to be signed by a person of authority at the applicable studio. If you e.g. practice at home and there is no one to sign the sheet, still log it. Load all hours completed via your student dashboard WWW.BASIPILATES.COM It is impossible for Teacher Trainers to continuously watch students practice and teach, so please keep track of all questions and concerns you have and we’ll gladly address them.
All South African BASI Host locations offer 6 extra hours free of charge, these are none as student tutorials, in these student tutorials the teacher reviews work and focuses on teaching techniques. On request the teacher may host more student tutorials at an additional cost of R200 per student. For the Student tutorial schedules, these are made available by the students and teacher trainers during the course.
Host & Affiliated Studios:
- Host Studios: A Host Studio is the studio where the BASI courses and testing is conducted. The owner is generally also the Teacher Trainer (BASI Faculty).
- Affiliated Studios: An Affiliated Studio is usually the studio of a BASI graduate. Students wishing to complete required hours at an affiliated studio should contact the affiliated studio directly to inquire about availability and applicable rules and regulations.
Once qualified and you own your own studio or you are a freelance Instructor, become part of the BASI SA Studio/Instructor Partner Network by subscribing to our website www.basipilates.co.za. there is a small annual subscription fee, register and become part of the amazing BASI SA Pilates community. (T's & C's apply) Link to follow: http://basipilates.co.za/basi-pilates-sa-network
Financial Requirements for IN Studio
- Deposit - The deposit or full payment is due (4) weeks prior to the start of a course. This covers the Manuals and Tuition.
- Instalments - When opting for a payment plan over 6 or 12 months, it is a requirement that a mandate for a debit order be signed. The relevant document (i.e. Debit order instruction) can be downloaded from the website while registering. Complete the debit order instruction and e-mail it with your proof of payment (EFT for your deposit) to BASI SA headoffice email@example.com
- Your first monthly instalment for either 6 or 12 month payment is due between the 1st and the 7th of every new month after the course starts. Interest is charged on outstanding balance for late payments.
- Registration Fee - The registration fee of R1150.00 (VAT included) is non-refundable and is payable on Registration.
- Refunds - No refunds are given after Module 2 or if a student misses one or more modules or if a student chooses to leave the course on her/his own volition or if a student fails to attend the course, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student or if a student fails to attend the course without reasonable prior notification. Students may request a transfer of funds to another BASI SA course/location (Transfer fee of R345,00 is applicable).
- Extra Costs - Books(optional extra reading material), Online Subscriptions(optional), Centralized Testing or Lectures missed, are extra costs that are not included in the student fees. If any modules/lectures are missed the student may arrange catch up sessions with the Teacher Trainer (charged at an additional rate of R600.00 per hour) – this fee is over and above the normal course fees and is payable directly to the teacher trainer giving you the catch up classes. If the student is still in need of observation or teaching hours after the student card expiry date has been reached the Host studio will charge the student on entry to the studio a daily surcharge of R50.00 for the teaching and observation hours.
Certification requirements (Pass 70% and above)
At Module 4: Written Quiz (30 min) on all practical and theory work from Modules 1 – 3.
* These marks do not count towards your final marks.
- At module 6 a summary of hours done to date needs to be handed in. (Keep uploading all hours completed to your student dashboard via www.basipilates.COM)
Centralized Testing Requirements (MTTC)
BASI Students (Mat Teacher Training Course – MTTC) are eligible to sign up for Centralized Testing following the completion of these course requirements:
- Attendance of all (6) six modules
- Completion of observation, self-practice and student teaching hours.
Centralized testing registration procedures:
- View location and dates for Centralized testing on the website www.basipilates.co.za
- Register online at www.basipilates.co.za and make payment for Centralized testing before testing date.
- Centralized testing registrations close (2) two weeks prior to the testing date chosen or once SOLD OUT so do not wait too long before registering and making payment.
- Your Final written exam must be done ONLINE through your student dashboard via www.basipilates.COM before day of testing.
- All completed logged hours must be uploaded through your student dashboard via www.basipilates.COM before day of testing.
- Should a student not successfully pass the teaching or practical demonstration section/s of the Centralized testing, the student needs to re-register on the next available Centralized Testing date at the most convenient location and dates provided on www.basipilates.co.za and only re-do the section/s that were failed. Teaching or Demonstration section/s fees are R400.00 per section (Including VAT).
- For the written exam, the student needs to do the ONLINE Test via his/her student dashboard www.basipilates.COM at no additional cost.
- The student needs to re-do the section/s within 1 year from the end of Module 6.
Issue of Certificate
Students have (1) One year in which to complete all the required hours (practice, teaching & observation). The BASI certificate will only be requested once all required hours are complete, testing is passed with 70% and above and all fees are paid in full.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns, as we would like to assist you wherever we can. Contact BASI SA Administrator, Thelia Houston-McMillan at (012) 460 9206 (option 2) - Office Hours or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org