BASI’S MAT PROBRIDGE PROGRAM IS A SPECIALIZED BRIDGING COURSE FOR THE QUALIFIED MAT PILATES PROFESSIONAL INTERESTED IN EXPERIENCING THE DEPTH, INTENSITY, AND PRECISION THAT ONLY BASI PROVIDES.
MAT ProBridge is the perfect opportunity to acquire a BASI MAT education and ultimately join the BASI professional network. Our program credits the experience of the qualifying professional for previous Pilates education, study and work. Focus is placed on the principles and methodologies that represent the key differentiators between BASI and other teaching methods.
In addition to those individuals who have completed a different training program, we also encourage and welcome those students who have previously completed the BASI MAT Teacher Training Course to join and share an intense review of the work they did previously. Clarification and nuances of movement allow the BASI graduate to revisit the original material by honing their existing skills with Rael himself. The ProBridge program is not only for students of other disciplines but also a bridge between the CTTC and the Mentor Program.
Consisting of 6 Modules running over 2 consecutive days and 1 separate day, total 3 days, 6 hours a day.
Students successfully completing the ProBridge program have 2 options:
- Certificate option: to complete the BASI comprehensive course Centralized Testing process and receive a certificate. No hours required.
- Non Certificate option: No examination and only receive an attendance letter.
BASI Pilates South Africa offers a discounted rate for once-off course payments and offers tailored payment plans. If financing is an obstacle to you obtaining quality a Pilates education, please contact us to discuss financial planning.
|Item||Once Off||6 Months|
|Tuition||R5 900.00||R6 490.00|
|Sub Total||R6 930.00||R7 520.00|
|Grand Total||R7 900.20||R8 572.80|
|Item||Once Off||6 Months|
|Deposit (30%)||R0.00||R2 571.84|
|Installment||R0.00||R1 000.16 p/m|
- Late Payments are subject to 10% interest on the outstanding amount.
- A Debit Order Instruction needs to be completed for any Payment Plan.
- Centralized testing is not included in the fees and can cost up to R570 (incl. VAT)
Should a MTTC graduate decide to continue onto the CTTC, the following financial terms apply:
- The student receives a DISCOUNT of R4980.00 on your CTTC Tuition amount.
- The student needs to pay a registration fee of (R550.00 excl. VAT) and the additional cost of any CTTC manuals.
- This arrangement is applicable to both once-off payment and payment plan options.
- The student has the opportunity to review the full mat work course at no additional cost, but if you prefer not to attend the MTTC sections of the CTTC modules you are welcome to join the group for CTTC equipment sections only. Making use of this unique opportunity to review the MTTC sections doesn’t come around often so rather sit in on those few extra hours per day.
No refunds are given after Module 2.
Students can transfer funds to a subsequent course at the same location or another course at a different host location. Valid for 1 year.
No refunds are given if:
- A student misses one or more modules.
- A student chooses to leave the course of her/his own volition.
- A student fails to attend the course, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student.
- A student fails to attend the course without reasonable prior notification.
- Academic Study – 24 hours:
All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee of R500.00 per hour.
- Practical Work – 40 hours:
Practical Work is individual practice on the mat by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities.
- Observation – 15 hours:
Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. 50% of observation hours can be done through Pilates Interactive.
- Apprentice Teaching – 40 hours:
Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students) or a group of people at any location.
Upon completion of the course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students.
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations.
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions.
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs.
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments.
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results.
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes.
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles.
- Demonstrate high level and vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises.
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual.
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC