The Mat Teacher Training Program is a stepping stone to the full Comprehensive Program and has been rewarded 24 CEC’s.
Students completing the BASI Pilates Mat Teacher Training Course (MTTC), receive one of the most respected certificates in the industry and you will have the knowledge and confidence to instruct the Pilates Mat work to the public. It is advised for students who do not have the time or resources to study the comprehensive course, and for those in locations without adequate Pilates equipment.
The mat course is very affordable, flexible as regards to setting and introduces people to the foundation of Pilates. Students study the full complement of Mat Work exercises (basic to master level) and the integration of small apparatus into the program.
The course requires approximately 100 hours of study, practice, observation, apprentice teaching and a testing procedure is required.
- Academic Study – 24 hours:
All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee of R600.00 per hour.
- Practical Work – 40 hours:
Practical Work is individual practice on the mat by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities.
- Observation – 20 hours:
Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. 50% of observation hours can be done through Pilates Interactive.
- Apprentice Teaching – 40 hours:
Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students) or a group of people at any location.
The program structure is modular. A student can do the 6 modules (4-5 hours each) at any BASI Pilates host studio around the country, but if they transfer between Host locations there is a transfer cost applicable, for more info on this contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Each module consists of practical and theoretical components.
In each course, the student is continuously evaluated in order to measure consistent progress.
- At Module 4 : Quiz (20 multiple choice questions)
Once all Modules are done and all required hours have been obtained the Mat Students needs to register on the website www.basipilates.co.za for Centralized Testing.
What if the student needs to repeat sections that they’ve failed?
Students that fail Centralised testing will need to re-register for centralised testing on the next available date on the website so that they may re-do sections that was failed, this must be done before the one year period from when your last module ended. Centralised testing fees will apply again if failed the first time. No fee is charged if you need to repeat the written section of the testing.
Upon completion of the course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students.
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations.
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions.
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs.
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments.
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results.
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes.
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles.
- Demonstrate high level and vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises.
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual.
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC
BASI Pilates South Africa offers a once-off course payment and offers payment plans. If financing is an obstacle in you obtaining quality Pilates education, please contact email@example.com to discuss financial planning.
A non–refundable registration fee of R1150.00 is due on registration
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|Tuition (Ex VAT)||R8 680.84||R9 548.92||R11 111.48|
|Registration (Ex VAT)||R1000.00||R1000.00||R1000.00|
|Manuals (Ex VAT)||R500.00||R500.00||R500.00|
|Sub Total||R10 180.84||R11 048.92||R12 611.48|
|VAT||R1 527.13||R1 657.34||R1 891.72|
|Grand Total||R11 707.97||R12 706.26||R14 503.20|
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|30% Deposit||R0.00||R3811.88||R4 350.96|
|Monthly Instalments||R0.00||R1 482.40 p/m||R846.02 p/m|
- Late Payments are subject to interest being charged on your outstanding amount.
- A Debit Order Instruction is required for any Payment Plan Options - see download option when registering.
- Centralized testing is not included in the course fees - from R800.00 (incl. VAT)
Should a MAT graduate decide to continue onto the CTTC, the following financial terms apply:
- The Mat Graduate receives a DISCOUNT of R5000.00 from the CTTC Tuition amount and a discount of R500.00 if the Mat graduate decides not to take a new Mat movement manual and rather uses the Mat movement manual from MTTC.
- The Mat Graduate then still needs to pay the balance of the CTTC Tuition and the non-refundable registration fee of (R1150.00 Inclu. VAT) and then the cost of the additional CTTC manuals.
- This arrangement is applicable to both once-off payment and payment plan options.
- The Mat Graduate has the opportunity to review the full Mat section during the CTTC at no additional cost, but if the Mat Graduate prefers not to attend the Mat sections of the CTTC modules the Mat Graduate is welcome to join the group for only the equipment sections of the CTTC. Doing a refresher on the Mat sections while doing the CTTC is a unique opportunity and doesn’t come around often so rather sit in on those extra few hours per day
No refunds are given!
Students may transfer funds to a subsequent course at the same location or at another course Host location within South Africa. Valid for (1) one year.
No refunds are given if:
- A student misses any modules of the program.
- A student chooses to leave the program of her/his own volition.
- A student fails to attend the program, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student.
- A student fails to attend the program without reasonable prior notification.
All Course fees are inclusive of VAT. A non–refundable registration fee of R1150.00 is due on registration to keep your spot and the balance of the once off payment is due at least 4 weeks before the program start date. If you opted for the payment plan complete the Debit order Instruction and return it with your proof of payment of the 30% deposit which is due at least 4 weeks prior to the program start date. Your first instalment will be deducted from your bank account between the 1-7 of every new month after the course starts. firstname.lastname@example.org