The Mat Teacher Training Course is a stepping stone to the full Comprehensive course and has been rewarded 24 CEC’s.
Students completing the BASI Pilates Mat Teacher Training Course (MTTC), receive one of the most respected certificates in the industry and have the knowledge and confidence to instruct the Pilates Mat work to the public. It is advised for students who do not have the time or resources to study the comprehensive course, and for those in locations without adequate Pilates equipment.
The mat course is very affordable, flexible as regards to setting and introduces people to the foundation of Pilates. Students study the full complement of Mat Work exercises (basic to master level) and the integration of small apparatus into the program.
The course requires approximately 100 hours of study, practice, observation, apprentice teaching and a testing procedure is required.
- Academic Study – 24 hours:
All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee of R500.00 per hour.
- Practical Work – 40 hours:
Practical Work is individual practice on the mat by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities.
- Observation – 15 hours:
Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. 50% of observation hours can be done through Pilates Interactive.
- Apprentice Teaching – 40 hours:
Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students) or a group of people at any location.
The course structure is modular. A student can make up or repeat each of the 6 modules (4-5 hours each) at any BASI Pilates host studio around the world. Each module consists of practical and theoretical components.
In each course, the student is continuously evaluated in order to measure consistent progress.
- At Module 4 : Quiz (20 multiple choice questions)
Mat Students then need to register for Centralized Testing once all the required hours have been obtained.
What if the student needs to repeat sections that they’ve failed?
Students need to re-register for Centralized testing at the next available date and location before your one year period from when your last module ended. A fee of R300.00 (excl. VAT) is charged per section that needs to be repeated. No fee is charged if you need to repeat the written section of the course.
Students need to re-register for sections of Centralized Testing before your one year period from your last module ended. Module 6 for MTTC students and Module 12 for CTTC Students.
Upon completion of the course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students.
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations.
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions.
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs.
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments.
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results.
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes.
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles.
- Demonstrate high level and vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises.
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual.
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC
BASI Pilates South Africa offers a discounted rate for once-off course payments and offers tailored payment plans. If financing is an obstacle in you obtaining quality Pilates education, please contact us to discuss financial planning.
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|Tuition||R8 428.00||R9 270.80||R10 787.84|
|Sub Total||R9 458.00||R10 300.80||R11 817.84|
|VAT||R1 324.12||R1 442.11||R1 654.50|
|Grand Total||R10 782.12||R11 742.91||R13 472.34|
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|30% Deposit||R0.00||R3 522.87||R4 041.70|
|Monthly Installments||R0.00||R1 370.01 p/m||R785.89 p/m|
- Late Payments are subject to interest being charged on your outstanding amount.
- A Debit Order Instruction is required for any Payment Plan Options - see download option when registering.
- Centralized testing is not included in the course fees - from R684.00 (incl. VAT)
Should a MTTC graduate decide to continue onto the CTTC, the following financial terms apply:
- The student receives a DISCOUNT of R4980.00 on your CTTC Tuition amount.
- The student needs to pay a registration fee of (R550.00 excl. VAT) and the additional cost of any CTTC manuals.
- This arrangement is applicable to both once-off payment and payment plan options.
- The student has the opportunity to review the full mat work course at no additional cost, but if you prefer not to attend the MTTC sections of the CTTC modules you are welcome to join the group for CTTC equipment sections only. Making use of this unique opportunity to review the MTTC sections doesn’t come around often so rather sit in on those few extra hours per day.
No refunds are given after Module 2.
Students can transfer funds to a subsequent course at the same location or at another course Host location in South Africa. Valid for (1) one year.
No refunds are given if:
- A student misses one or more modules.
- A student chooses to leave the course of her/his own volition.
- A student fails to attend the course, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student.
- A student fails to attend the course without reasonable prior notification.
All Course fees are inclusive of VAT. A non–refundable registration fee of R627.00 is due on registration to keep your spot and the balance of the once off payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the course start date. If you opted for the payment plan complete the Debit order Instruction and return it with your proof of payment of your 30% deposit which is due 4 weeks prior to the course start date and your first instalment will be deducted from your bank account between the 1-7 of every new month after the course starts. firstname.lastname@example.org