More than simply a program of study, the BASI CTTC is an enduring foundation for a career in Pilates, with graduates qualified to teach all levels of clients on the full complement of equipment including Mat work.
The BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Course (CTTC) is for anyone who is serious about making a profession with Pilates. It is a rigorous and demanding program of study, practice, apprenticeship and observation, which will qualify you for a career at the highest levels of the Pilates Method.
The program includes several unique methodologies that have made the BASI teacher training the most contemporary and exciting of its kind.
- Academic Study – 72 hours:
All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available and can be arranged between the student and the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee of R500 per hour, which is paid directly to the teach trainer, this fee is over and above the full cost of the course.
- Practical Work – 200 hours:
Practical Work is individual practice on the mat and or equipment by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first module of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio protocols when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. Practical hours may also be obtained through Pilates Interactive or Pilates Anytime (there is a monthly subscription required with online options).
- Observation – 100 hours:
Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first module of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio protocols when making use of the host or affiliated studio's facilities. 50% of the observation hours may be done through Pilates Interactive (there is a monthly subscription required with online options).
- Apprentice Teaching – 200 hours:
Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students/family or friends) at any Host location, always make these arrangements with the studio concerned.
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL students need to have their student cards on their person every time they enter a Host studio, as you receive free group Mat classes during your start and expiry dates on your student card. If your expiry date has been reached and you still need to complete your hours unfortunatley you will no longer be entitled to free group Mat classes, the student will then need to pay (Normal studio rates). If the student is still in need of observation or teaching hours after the student card expiry date has been reached the Host studio will charge the student on entry to the studio a dailly surcharge of R50.00 for the teaching and observation hours.
The course structure is modular. A student can make up or repeat each of the 12 modules (6-7hours each) at any BASI Pilates host studio around the world. Each module consists of practical and theoretical components.
In each course, the student is continuously evaluated in order to measure consistent progress.
- At Module 4: Quiz
- At Module 7: Midterm Written Exam
- At Modules 7 & 12: Informal evaluations for teaching and practical demonstrations
Comprehensive Students then need to register for Centralized Testing once all the required hours have been obtained.
What if the student needs to repeat sections that they’ve failed?
Students need to re-register on www.basipilates.co.za for Centralized testing at the next available date and location. A fee of R345.00 (inclu. VAT) is charged per section that needs to be repeated. No fee is charged for repeating the written section of the course.
Students need to re-register for Centralized Testing within (1) one year from Module 6 for MTTC Students and Module 12 for CTTC Students.
Upon completion of the CTTC course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce them to clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions for many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates programs, tailored to individual needs
- Direct a studio according to the highest professional standards
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer individual and group sessions
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises, based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at high levels the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises, as well as the wide range of original BASI exercises
- Use the full line of Pilates apparatus (Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Barrels & Auxiliary Equipment) including the Mat Work.
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual.
BASI Pilates South Africa offers a discounted rate for once-off course payments and offers tailored payment plans. If financing is an obstacle to you obtaining quality Pilates education, please contact us to discuss financial planning.
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|Tuition||R25 284.00||R27 812.40||R32 363.52|
|Manuals||R2 945.00||R2 945.00||R2 945.00|
|Sub Total||R28 779.00||R31 307.40||R35 858.52|
|VAT||R4 316.85||R4 696.11||R5 378.78|
|Grand Total||R33 095.85||R36 003.51||R41 237.30|
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|30% Deposit||R0.00||R10 801.05||R12 371.19|
|Monthly Instalments||R0.00||R4200.41 p/m||R2 405.51 p/m|
- Late Payments are subject to interest being charged on your outstanding amount.
- A Debit Order Instruction is required if any Payment Plan Option is chosen. (DOWNLOAD Debit Order Instruction when you register)
- Centralized testing is not included in the Course fees.
Should a MAT graduate decide to continue onto the CTTC, the following financial terms apply:
- The Mat Graduate receives a DISCOUNT of R4500.00 from the CTTC Tuition amount and a discount of R480.00 if the Mat graduate decides not to take a new Mat movement manual and rather uses their Mat movement manual from MTTC.
- The Mat Graduate then still needs to pay the balance of the CTTC Tuition and the registration fee of (R632.50 Inclu. VAT) and the costs of the additional CTTC manuals.
- This arrangement is applicable to both once-off payment and payment plan options.
- The Mat Graduate has the opportunity to review the full Mat section during the CTTC at no additional cost, but if the Mat Graduate prefers not to attend the Mat sections of the CTTC modules the Mat Graduate is welcome to join the group for only the equipment sections of the CTTC. Doing a refresher on the Mat sections while doing the CTTC is a unique opportunity and doesn’t come around often so rather sit in on those extra few hours per day
No refunds are given after Module 2.
Students can transfer funds to a subsequent course at the same location or another course at a different host location in South Africa. Valid for (1) one year.
No refunds are given if:
- A student misses one or more modules.
- A student chooses to leave the course of her/his own volition.
- A student fails to attend the course, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student.
- A student fails to attend the course without reasonable prior notification.
All Course fees are inclusive of VAT. A non–refundable registration fee of R632.50 is due on registration to keep your spot and the balance of the once off payment is due at least 4 weeks before the course start date. If you opted for the payment plan complete the Debit order Instruction and return it with your proof of payment of the 30% deposit which is due at least 4 weeks before the course start date. Your first instalment will be deducted from your bank account between the 1-7 day of every new month after the course starts or before if you prefer. email@example.com