Certified Teacher Training
Online Teacher Training Courses - OMTTC & OCTTC
LIVE Online BASI Pilates® South Africa - Comprehensive Program - (Includes Mat Work-24 CPD)
For the first time in BASI Pilates® South Africa History, we are bringing you the BASI Pilates premier Comprehensive Program LIVE and ONLINE. This program covers the mat work and all of the equipment work from Fundamental to Master lever over 12 modules. Prospective students can either opt to only do the mat program or do the full comprehensive teacher training program which includes the Mat. For both the mat and comprehensive program there is a practical in-studio component that ensures all our students to have the hands-on experience and exposure associated with high quality instruction.
BASI Pilates® South Africa LIVE ONLINE Comprehensive Program is structured on the same BASI quality syllabus, BASI Pilates® South Africa faculty will go through this syllabus systematically with the students, as the syllabus is built on strong foundations, with a diverse approach to the Pilates method and all aspects surrounding it.
MTTC - Mat Teacher Training Course
The Mat Teacher Training Course is the fondation of the full Comprehensive Teacher Training Course (the MAT section is included in Comp Course). The Mat Teacher Training Course is advised for students that do not have the time or resources to study the comprehensive course, or for those in locations without adequate Pilates equipment but its not nessesary to do the Mat course before doing the Comp course as it is included in the COMP course.
If you are doing the MAT, MAT Intensive or COMPEHENSIVE teacher training course, you need to please be aware that this course is mentally and physically demanding on your body and mind...
BASI Pilates Course Prerequisites
Students NEED to meet the following prerequisites, before deciding to take part in this highly sought after international pilates certification course.
- Each potential student will need to attend a minimum of 10 BASI Pilates classes, at a BASI Pilates studio, prior to joining the course.
- You need to have completed Matric and/or be at least 20 years of age (we will consider a letter of motivation if the student applying is younger than 20).
- Familiarity with the teachings of Joseph Pilates
- Familiarity in basic anatomy and physiology - Specialization in a related area of study, such as physical therapy or massage therapy is an added benefit, but not essential.
- Experience in a related form of physical activity - Prior experience in an athletic activity which develops body awareness, discipline and other attributes that are extremely beneficial to the study of Pilates.
- Teaching experience is recommended - Any past teaching experience, even in an unrelated field, will contribute to you becoming a skilled teacher of the Pilates method.
BASI has the following offerings:
- MAT Course Run on its own (six half days)
- Mat Intensive Course which takes place over (4 full days)
- Mat Course that runs in conjuction with a Comprehensive course runs over (6 half days)
These courses run on specific dates at specific BASI Host studio,s (Registration dates and locations available on the site)
CTTC - Comprehensive Teacher Training Course
More than simply a program of study, the BASI CTTC is an enduring foundation for a career in Pilates, with graduates qualified to teach all levels of client, on the full complement of equipment including Mat work.
BASI’s ProBridge program is a specialized bridging course for the qualified Pilates professional interested in experiencing the depth, intensity, and precision that only BASI provides.
The Mentor Program
This three-day certificate Mentor Program, is developed by Master Teacher Rael Isacowitz, and is the first phase of the Legacy Program, the Ultimate phase in your Pilates journey, consisting of the Mentor, Master I and Master II and Honors programs.
BASI Pilates® South Africa Pilates for Pregnancy and Beyond - OVERVIEW
Pilates through Pregnancy & Beyoud Certificate Course presented by Ashley Ritchie
This 4 day Certificate Course will give you an in depth understanding of the process the mother-to-be is going through within and the physical changes without that pregnancy brings. Pilates Through Pregnancy and beyond course will take you through the 3 trimesters, the "Red Flag" conditions, exercise recommendations, modifications and assists. Hormonal affects from pregnancy, birthing and feeding the new born as well as Post pregnancy training protocols will be addressed. Diastasis Recti, what it is and how to treat it will be discussed in detail.