Students completing the BASI Pilates Mat Teacher Training Course (MTTC), receive one of the most respected certificates in the industry and have the knowledge and confidence to instruct the Pilates Mat work to the public.
It is affordable, easy to integrate into many different settings and introduces people to the foundation of Pilates. There is no part of the Pilates system that exemplifies the principles of the method, particularly flow, quite as well as the Mat work. Students study a very wide repertoire of Mat Work exercises and the integration of small apparatus into the Mat program. It’s the ideal stepping stone to the Comprehensive Course (CTTC).
The course requires approximately 100 hours of study, practice, observation, apprentice teaching and a centralized testing.
This option is only available to full time students at the North West University. A student number is required.
- Academic Study – 24 hours:
All BASI Pilates Courses have a modular structure, which covers lectures, exercise analysis, practice and discussions. The theoretical component of the course is essential study. These hours are covered in the course. In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee. R600 per hour.
- Practical Work – 40 hours:
Practical Work is individual practice on the mat by the student. It can be done at any location, e.g. home, an affiliated studio or the host studio. Students can practice on their own or in groups at any time or at a time arranged between the studio and and student. Practice hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities.
- Observation – 20 hours:
Observation hours require that the student observe how seasoned BASI Pilates instructors teach (mat & equipment) classes. Observation hours can be obtained at either a BASI host studio or an affiliated studio at a time arranged between the studio & student. Observation hours can be obtained from after the first section of the course. Please ensure that you are familiar with the studio policies when making use of the host or affiliated studio’s facilities. 50% of observation hours can be done through Pilates Interactive at an extra monthly subscription.
- Apprentice Teaching – 40 hours:
Teaching hours require that the student teaches an individual (any individual, even fellow students) or a group of people at any location.
The program structure is modular. A student does 6 modules (4-5 hours each) at the Host studio that they registered at, if the student misses any modules, the student may join any other BASI Pilates host studio course in the country, however there is a transfer fee that is applicable when doing this, contact email@example.com for more info. Each module consists of practical and theoretical components.
In each course, the student is continuously evaluated in order to measure consistent progress.
- At Module 4 : Quiz
Once Mat Students have obtained all required hours they may register on www.basipilates.co.za for Centralized Testing - Fee R800.00
What if the student needs to repeat sections that they’ve failed?
Students need to re-register for Centralized testing at the next available date, if they have failed a section. A fee of R400.00 (Inclu. VAT) is charged per section that needs to be repeated. No fee is charged for repeating the written section of the course.
Students need to register for Centralized Testing within 1 year of last module done.
Upon completion of the program, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students.
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations.
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions.
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs.
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments.
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results.
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes.
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles.
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises.
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual.
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC
BASI Pilates South Africa offers a once off rate discounted rate for the course, or a higher rate for payment plans. If financing is an obstacle to you obtaining quality a Pilates education, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss financial planning.
A non-refundable registration fee R1150.00 (inclusive of VAT) is applicable after you have registered.
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|Tuition (Ex VAT)||R5 623.80||R6 186.18||R7 198.46|
|Registration (Ex VAT)||R1 000.00||R1 000.00||R1 000.00|
|Manuals (Ex VAT)||R500.00||R500.00||R500.00|
|Sub Total||R7 123.80||R7 686.18||R8 698.46|
|VAT||R1 068.57||R1 152.93||R1 304.77|
|Grand Total||R8 192.37||R8 839.11||R10 003.23|
|Item||Once Off||6 Months||12 Months|
|30% Deposit||R0.00||R2 651.73||R3 000.97|
|Monthly Instalments||R0.00||R1 031.23 p/m||R583.52 p/m|
- Late Payments are subject to 10% interest on the outstanding amount.
- A Debit Order Instruction needs to be completed for any Payment Plan.
- Centralized testing is not included in the fees and can cost up to R800.00 (incl. VAT)
Should a MAT graduate decide to continue onto the CTTC, the following financial terms apply:
- The Mat Graduate receives a DISCOUNT of R5000.00 from the CTTC Tuition amount and a discount of R500.00 if the Mat graduate decides not to take a new Mat movement manual and rather uses their Mat movement manual from MTTC.
- The Mat Graduate then still needs to pay the balance of the CTTC Tuition and the registration fee of (R632.50 Inclu. VAT) and the costs of the additional CTTC manuals.
- This arrangement is applicable to both once-off payment and payment plan options.
- The Mat Graduate has the opportunity to review the full Mat section during the CTTC at no additional cost, but if the Mat Graduate prefers not to attend the Mat sections of the CTTC modules the Mat Graduate is welcome to join the group for only the equipment sections of the CTTC. Doing a refresher on the Mat sections while doing the CTTC is a unique opportunity and doesn’t come around often so rather sit in on those extra few hours per day
No refunds are given!
Students can transfer funds to a subsequent course at the same location or another course at a different host location. Valid for 1 year.
No refunds are given if:
- A student misses any modules of the program.
- A student chooses to leave the program of her/his own volition.
- A student fails to attend the program, following BASI Pilates notification of acceptance and confirmation by the student.
- A student fails to attend the program without reasonable prior notification.